Monday, December 13, 2010

New Post

I think it is time to waste more time and finally post something on the blog. I have an adoption final that I should be working on, but instead I will tell you of a horrible experience that happened a few days ago. My wonderful wife was part of the planning committee for the Ward Christmas party. It was all going very well until she asked me if I would sing. I hear you sing every Sunday and you sound good she said. Well I was never a good singer, in fact I was the only Jones Boy not to be in Teen Tones(Taylor) or Acapella(Mesa High.) It had also been 17 years since I had sung in front of anyone. Royal Caribbean Karaoke nights excluded, cept that will factor into this story I am sure. I was to sing with three other guys who could carry a tune and would be able to sing. They were in the Ward Choir, I would be fine. Well we practiced one time and it did not sound too bad, then they decided to start singing parts and doing weird things to the song. Well long story short we pretty much got booed off the stage. It was bad. Real bad, worse than Ashley Simpson at any live venue. It was very similar to the time I got booed off the stage on a Royal Caribbean Karaoke night. "He ain't heavy he's my brother" is not the right song to sing in front of drunk people. Anyways, other than that the Ward party was great. Lindsay got to sing in front of the same people and she did great, but then again she was in Teen Tones.
Okay now to the adoption Final. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Brian Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brian and jessica jones said...

This is outstanding. For the record, you weren't really booed off the stage on the cruise. The karaoke machine died in the middle of your song, and when they got it fixed the guy running the show asked the crowd if they wanted you to start your song over, to which the crowd responded, admittedly, with a resounding and, seemingly, unanimous "NO!" That is also an outstanding story.