Monday, January 5, 2009

Never Again.

I will never ever, and I will swear on a stack of bibles, drive to Arizona again. Now to start this rant off I do not like Arizona. I liked growing up in Arizona. It holds great memories, 'cept you coach McCain. How could I not be Taylor Trojan football material.
I have not yelled in traffic to where I went momentarily blind since I left Arizona six years ago. As soon as I hit the stress of the "valley of the sun" I was yelling up a storm, OK there was that episode in Gallup New Mexico. But he just sat at the green arrow, A GREEN ARROW. When we left we only had one child, he could fly for free. We never made that unholy trip. When hurricane Ivan came and threatened to destroy our home we started driving for Arizona. We even got about four hours there, knew we had twenty more and stoped in Texas, It was just too far.
Well because I love my wife I made the trip. It was twenty-four hours there and twenty-four hours back. Not only was the drive long, but we had to transport all of the children's Christmas booty back in a seven passenger van. There are six of us. This is the real problem with driving out there, you know you have to come back.
Granted I did get to see many of my friends and spend much time with both sides of my family. That was great. But always in the back of my sleep deprived brain, I knew that I had to make the journey back. I will never complain about the ten hour drive from Mesa to Provo again.
Anyways the trip was great. Our kids loved it. We do not have a wii and I do not know that we will ever have one. My children played enough wii in two weeks to last a lifetime. It was great to see and spend time with many of our friends that we have not seen for years. It was great. It was hot, but great. Oh yeah Arizona is way too hot. I was complaining about the heat when it hit 70.
Well my three year old daughter is crying, sitting in the car for twelve hours did not wear her out. I must go and comfort her. Maybe I will drive her around in the car for a while. I hear kids love that.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Oh you big boob, the weather is perfect here until summer comes!! Glad you made it back home!

The Jones Seven said...

Yeah the weather was great. Too bad the summer comes in February.

The Malone's said...

And I would have thought that it was worth the drive to South Phoenix to visit Trent is his misery. We're gald that we got to see you guys. And we can't wait till you make that wonderful trip agian.

The Jones Seven said...

South Phoenix is always nice ths time of year. Tell Trent happy Bishoping. I love my wife and that means we will be back. We may ship our children in the mail but we will be back.

Cassie and Chad said...

AMEN to that! Summer does start in February. YUCK!!! Admit you miss ZION!!! :-) (that is for you Jones) Any how I am glad that you are finally blogging again because it has been way to long. We miss you guys! (we didn't even have to see you much, but your presence is missed)

Kathy said...

It was great to see you guys, and it was NOT HOT when you were here. Geeesh!! I will agree about long car rides with kids though. Maybe you should ask the people who want you to come back to pitch in for plane tickets next time. :-)