Ok I would like everyone to know how much I have blushed about this over the last fifteen years. No I am not in a twelve step program that makes me apologize for all the things in my life so I can get closure. I am just hoping that if I can vomit this out onto the blog then I can stop worrying about it. The dastardly thing is my senior prom. I am so embarrassed about the whole thing it sort of makes me sick. I promise I will be as honest as I can. Trent Malone and I decided that we were going to go to the senior prom. No not together. I knew that I was getting a suit for graduation and I would not have to rent a tux. That was awesome. We decided that we were going to go to Oracle Cave down in, where else? Yes Oracle, Arizona where else. We invited a few other couples to go and we took my Mom and Dad’s Suburban. We split up the cost of the gas I conveniently left myself out and charged the other couples the total amount. Sorry Trent. My mother, heaven bless her, left the Suburban full of gas. I as the great kid that I was left it empty after the trip and pocketed all the money.
Dinner is where I start to get sick. I had been working in the food industry and thought, “Hey why don’t I just make dinner and we can have all the great food of a fine eating establishment for half the cost. Did I mention that I had been working at Coco’s and Shoney’s at the time? Shoney’s is “America’s Dinner Table” in case you forgot. Not exactly fine eateries then or now. I got together with Trent and we decided that this was in fact a great idea. Looking back on it with fifteen years of hindsight, it was not in fact a great idea. We invited four or five other couples, Todd gale, Jeff Payne, and some others I have forgotten. We decided, Trent and me, that we would split the cost of all the food and still spend less than what it would cost at a fine eatery. Again, like the gas money I did not count myself, but this time I decided to not count Trent and save him some money. Remember the food was going to be prepared by a culinary artist; everyone was going to save money. I ended up making enough off of my friends that I could pay for the pictures and tickets to the dance. In fact I made a little money off of the entire thing. As Trent has said,"every good resturant should make money."
How could this idea fail? Well it did, the food was soooooo bad. The chicken was dry the salad was bad. The food was so bad that words could no longer suffice to describe how bad it was. I would like to just refer to the food as it, we both know that we are talking about the food, but it sounds better when I say that “it” was bad instead of the food was bad. Well it was bad. I am not sure what my date, Kelly K, was thinking. I am sure that she was so disgusted by the entire date that she was already at that time trying to repress the memories. There was plenty of sparkling grape juice to drown everyone’s sorrow. We bought ten or so bottles of Welch’s sparkling grape juice to make it really fancy. Well it did not work. Oh and did I tell you we did this in my Brothers vacant apartment. Yea the décor was as fancy as could be. Well I think I might have worked the demons out and I will now be able to sleep at night. No longer will I fear eating in my brother’s house because of this experience. Thank you.
By the way I think I like Bing better than Google as a search engine.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL!!! OK that was too funny. It sounds like it was HORRIBLE but then again aren't most prom experiences?? Seriously looking back on things why did we care so much about the ridiculous? I am not sure if Kelly has forgiven you yet but your friends and the money??? Of course they forgive you...They applaud you and wish they would have thought of it first!
Too funny!! I so remember your days at Coco's, haha!
And yet, I'm not any where sad that I wasn't old enough to even know you or Trent to experience this wonderful event. Too funny though, every once and a while, Trent will mention something about this prom, but its few and far in between.
I am still waiting for that ramekin of ranch!Do you still have any ramekins? I did a quick search to see if there are still Shoney’s around…For those of you dying to eat there shoneys.com. My wife wondered who the hell Eloise is? I told her she would not understand.
Post a Comment