Greetings all,
Over the Christmas break, winter break for all you PC'rs, I was able to travel to Washington D.C. with one of my school groups. This group was the Equal Justice Works. Over the last few months the leadership board had been planning the details of this tremendous opportunity. We were able to have two fund raisers at the school and we were able to secure some funding from both the school government and the law school it self. We were going to drive out there and spend one week in a crappy hotel and do pro bono work with some small public interest group. This we were able to do. I could never have imagined what was going to happen. Well lets just say that it almost did not happen. We were planning for about twelve people, four of us ended up going. Thanks Sean. We could not rent any cars that would fit our price range, so we had to fly. I cannot say that did not make me happy. Except I sat next to a drunk women who was pounding the free Bloody Mary given by Southwest for flying on New Years day. I declined to partake. I just pretended to sleep the entire trip. Well all I can say about the trip is that I got to meet the First Lady Michelle Obama and the President Barack Obama. I have the pictures to prove it. This trip was awesome. We got to see almost everything. From Ford's Theater to Arlington we walked to every tourist place that one might think of. We got to eat at many great places. In fact I cannot think of a bad meal that we had. For me the best meal was the collard greens and fried chicken, YUM.
Back to how I met Barack. We were walking by the White House when we saw his motorcade, I think you know to whom I am referring, and he stopped to ask us what we were doing. We explained that we were working with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless. He was so touched by our service that he has decided to revamp the way college kids give service. He wept a little, then he gave us a lift to the next metro station. I know that many of you will not believe that this happened and you are all probably right. But how would that explain the pictures you are all about to see?
I know what you are saying. Stephen your hand is a little high on Michelle's waist. Don't worry, we are just friends.



1 comment:
you're a nutcase, Jonesie!! I especially liked the bit about Obama weeping.
Post a Comment