Thursday, May 13, 2010

OK so I am not real fat.

Keep in mind that I was fat a while ago. And by a while ago I mean last summer. I have lost some weight. As I was eating my spicy potato soft taco from the wonderful world of Taco Bell I was reminded of the time I almost Died at a taco bell. This was a year or so before my mission. I was in love with hard tacos at the time. Well a few of my friends and I went to our regular stop at the Bell and I got a few hard tacos and a drink. Back then I think that came to fifty cents. I took a few bites of that Mexico goodness and I felt part of the shell get lodged in my throat. I remember thinking I need to take smaller bites. Well I coughed and informed everyone at the table that I was choking. Bubba gave me the international sign for choking. That was not helpful at the time. So I proceeded to take a few drinks of Dr. Pepper. Nothing worked. I was going to die in a Taco Bell in Mesa Arizona. The good news is I was not going to die alone. My friends were there to make fun of me till the end. Since that day over sixteen years ago I have never ordered a hard taco for myself. Oh by the way I just ate more taco and it sort of shoved the lodged food down the pipe. Who knew that eating more would save my life?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I am totally cracking up. You are funny Jones.

The Ashlocks said...

I am so glad that you were watched over on that fateful day and your life was spared. What would be life be like without you? It is just too difficult to even think about!

Cassie and Chad said...

So was that Dr. Pepper purchased THAT day or was it a previously purchased cup from a few visits prior?? Just wondering :-)