Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to two men that I love! My Dad's birthday was on the 19th and Stephen's birthday was on the 21st! Dad, we hope you had a fun day! We miss you tons! I haven't mailed your present yet, but it's in the car ready to go!
Poor Stephen, he left for work on his birthday with his wife very mad at him! We got in a fight over Austin! Austin will not eat vegetables! He has a bad gag reflex, and has figured out how to use it to his benefit. He was told to eat his veggies and when he didn't, Stephen told him he had to eat them for breakfast! Easy for him to say, since he wouldn't be there for the fun! Austin proceeded to make himself throw up as soon as they touched his lips! We've tried to teach him all the tricks, like plugging your nose or drinking it down without chewing, but to no avail! It's very frustrating when you can't control your child! I decided to take my anger out also on Stephen for randomly making this new rule the day of Austin's second to last day of school! After my anger subsided, I decided to make cookies and take them to Stephen's work for him and his co-workers. We stopped off to get some balloons too! Mind you, this is with 4 kids, and Ben, the baby, currently has a fever and wants to be held all of the time. We get to his work and I send the kids in with the balloons, and after 30 seconds they were back out and ready to go! I said, "Where's your Dad?" I need to give him the cookies and say "Hi!" (I didn't want to go in) He didn't come out and I tried to call him, and no answer! Now I had to go in! As I was walking into the store, I was thinking about how ungrateful my husband was! I thought for a second about throwing the cookies at him! I got back in the car and drove home! Over some time, it has occurred to me that I might have been overreacting! It certainly doesn't run in my family! Does anyone else think that I must have a hormone problem? Anyways, my husband is actually grateful and wonderful! We managed to have a great dinner and open presents and eat cake actually liking eachother! Happy Birthday, babe! I made this a birthday you will never forget!

4 comments:

The Ashlocks said...

Jaime??? oh wait no its just another Anderson girl. LOL yes you all have a hormone embalance im sure of it. for a second there i thought my wife had started a second blog.

The Ashlocks said...

Disregard Jeremy's comment above. He thinks he is a comedian. I wouldn't have forced poor Austin to eat his vegetables in the morning!!

Cassie and Chad said...

Happy Birthday Stephen!!! Lindsay you are woman of the year, way to give in and do the cookie thing. Isn't it great that you guys have been married long enough to appreciated the nasty times and get over them. You guys are GREAT!!!

The Jones Seven said...

Jeremy, you're hilarious! thanks Jaime and Cassie!