This Sunday a tragic accident befell our tiny little family. When we got home from church( yes, we go) and were getting ready to get back into the car to go to Grandma's, we found that our poor little van would not start. I, being the mechanic that I am, knew instinctively that it was a bad battery. I drove my Toyota up to the front of the dead van. I popped the hood on the Camry and discovered the pistons that keep the hood open were no longer in operation. Looking around I found a very useful tool in propping the hood up. Imagine if you will the sharpest gardening tool in the gardeners arsenal. Trent, you know what I mean. If you watch enough late night TV you will inevitably see the gardening tool of which I speak. It has five very long and very sharp prongs that get shoved under the weed and when stepped on pop the weed and a large chunk of dirt up in the air. Well, I did not do a very good job of propping up the hood with the implement of weed death. It must weigh about five pounds and it fell on my flipper clad foot. Needless to say I now have four identical holes of varying depth in the top of my foot. Lucky my bone was there to stop the puncture or it would have gone deeper into my flesh. It hurt. Bad. I am truly pathetic. My poor wife did not know if she should laugh at her inept husband or feel some form of sympathy for her husband of nine years who was at that time writhing in pain on the hood of the van. It was the scream of the worst pain. I mean "Princess Bride" pain with my dear Wesley on the table and the six fingered man sucking his memories out of his head pain. It was in-fact that bad. If you thought you heard a person scream on Sunday, that was probably me, it would have been around five o'clock mountain time. That's four Arizona time. In other Jones News, we have been looking for a house to rent in Topeka Kansas. the one that is at the top of our list can be found on this link.
http://www.topekahomesforrent.com/1253%20sw%20macvicar%20%20addph.html
Pleas just cut and paste. I do not know how to add a hyperlink to this stuff. At least my blog won't give me holes in my feet.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Great story Steve! You are hilarious, but I'm very sorry to hear about your injured paw.
Jones you are too funny!! I took me a minute to figure out what the title meant! I love the pictures of the house and the price is great!! I hope you get it!
OUCH!! That sounds absolutely terrible! Hey but the pictures of the house look great, so much character and AC too, sounds awesome!!! (not sure why it comes up as Raegan and Kalli but it's me, Cassie)
How is the rake and car doing?
Post a Comment