Friday, June 20, 2008

Nine Years, can you dig it?

I was just looking out upon the blogging world, this is what I do as a blogging guru, and I saw that someone I knew back in high school had been married five years. The thought flew through my sleep deprived mind, wow that is a long time. Then it hit me; in three days Lindsay and I will have been married for nine years. That is very crazy. It is hard for me to realize that I have a seven year old son. Truth be told he is only six, turning seven in August. I really feel for her, Lindsay that is. She has gone with me from one state to another over these last few years, and has never let it bother her. Each new "adventure" is the same. She packs up, moves unpacks and gets to know everybody in the new area. I only get to know these people because I get to spend time with Lindsay. She is a remarkable lady. I don't know why she does it. I have no special skills. I can't fix anything really. In fact my bow staff skills are way below normal. I am not particularly good looking. I don't even shop real well. I bought a three year supply of the world’s worst tooth paste, Crest vanilla mint, simply because it was cheap. Trust me its not real good. All this being said I knew that we were going to be a great couple on that fifth night of our friend cruise. It was Joe, Lindsay, Mindy, and me. That night after summoning all the courage that could and letting her know how I felt about her, she told me that "she would never date me because she knew me too well". It has been a great nine years. I am a very lucky man. Like I have always said, my worst day with her is better than my best day before we got married. So off we go to Kansas, and there is no one I would rather share this “adventure” with than Lindsay. No Lindsay I did not proof read this. It all seemed to make sense at the time.

5 comments:

Cassie and Chad said...

What a sweet tribute to an amazing lady!! You both married well. Good luck in all of you adventures. Aren't you glad you two have each other and your not doing this alone? We will miss you guys, even though we don't see you guys a ton it is nice to know that you are near by.

The Ashlocks said...

Aww Sweet!! If only it were true!

The Armstrongs said...

Hi Lindsay! How are you! Your hubby is so funny! Congrats on your anniversary. Give me a call so we can catch up sometime! Sounds like you guys have been a lot of places!
Summer Harmon
(480) 202-5623

the mows said...

Steve and Lindsay! This is Bubba...I totaly just set up a blog just to contact you guys. themows@msn.com Email me and let me know you # so I can call you. I don't know if you ae still in Utah or not... We could come down and see you guys before you go.

Mel said...

Crazy Steve. Holy cow! I'm totally blog stalking right now. It's Melissa from back in the day. How the heck are you? What a cute family you have! If you want you can send me an email and I'll send an invite to my blog. harpercrew@gmail.com
Looks like life it treating you guys well!