Thursday, September 10, 2009

The New American Idol Judge.

Did you all see that Ellen Degenerious is the new judge on American Idol? I know that I misspelled her name and that is because she has a very hard name to spell. I think Ellen may be one of the funniest people on the earth. Her comedic timing is almost perfect. That being said I believe that this is the downfall of the show. I may be wrong but I want this on record that this will be the end. I would say the beginning of the end but that started last year with the addition of Kira. You know Kira from Xanadu. One of the daughters of Zeus. I am not a great big fan of Paula, but the interaction between her and Simon was entertaining if not downright fun. The problem with Paula is that during the tryout portion of the show she is fantastic. She is funny and witty and a good sport. It was only during the live portion of the show that she always looked like she was drunk. I personally believe that she hates being live on TV and she takes Valium or some other relaxing drug so that she can seem somewhat normal. She fails but it could be worse without the drugs. Anyways I just do not think the new setup is going to last. This is the equivalent of Fonzie jumping the shark on Happy Days. I just thought I would share my thoughts on this subject. I do this because this is my blog and because I can.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I would have agreed with you if I had not seen her as a guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance. She was pretty good! I'm looking forward to the new season.

The Jones Seven said...

Sorry Kathy, that might have been true on less established shows but this is the big show. She needs to bring her A game.

Laura Dunaway said...

I was surprised as well when I heard she was replacing Paula. I am excited to see what she does. I agree that she is one of the funniest comedians out there. I hope she can bring it to Idol. Time will tell.