Monday, October 19, 2009
Living a lie.
I do not know how to tell everyone this. It has been a long few weeks in the Jones family in Topeka Kansas. I had the weight of what seemed like twelve trucks piled on my shoulders. I knew that what I was doing was wrong, but I did not know how to tell Lindsay. Well after much soul searching and faith I finally told my beautiful wife the truth. Keep in mind I had been living this lie for ten years. I knew this was going to be very hard to overcome. I was only hoping that what we had tried so hard to build over ten glorious years did not come crashing down in one moment of weakness. I had to make sure this was what I really wanted, or needed to do. This was not something that I could just unsay. I needed to be sure that I could live with the consciousness. How do you unsay something like this? You can’t and that is the very reason that I needed to be sure. I thought for the first five years or so that I could overcome this lie. Maybe if I just tried to sing a song every time I knew it was a lie, the lie would stop being a lie. Well it became apparent over the last few months that every time I sang songs at church I felt the desire even stronger. No. This had to be done. I owed it to my children, I owed it to my wife, and frankly I owed it to myself. So three weeks ago I did it. I told my wife that I could no longer deny the fact that I do like Miracle Whip more than Mayonnaise. There really is a tangy zip that I like more than mayo. We now have separate jars in the fridge and it has taken a little bit of getting used to. Like one time Lindsay asked to have a bite of my sandwich like she had for ten years, why she did not get up and make one of her own I have never known, and I forgot that it had MW and not Mayo. But all and all we have been able to make a clean separation. It has been very easy on the kids. We wanted the kids to know as little as possible; we just really want them to have as normal a childhood as possible. We know that someday the question will come: Why are there two jars in the fridge? We think we will be ready for that day. Lots of people have two jars in the fridge, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
miracle whip needs a miracle if it will ever reside on my sandwich! (that you will make, of course!)
ditto to Kathy!!! Seriously...Miracle Whip, DISGUSTING!!!
Post a Comment