Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas 2009






The two week xmas break was very family focused. Stephen was out of school two weeks before xmas which made all the difference in the world. I would not have been able to get everything ready without all of his help especially since I was still babysitting 3 other kids all day. I did not have to babysit on xmas eve or for the next week, so it was just us for xmas! On Christmas Eve, we went bowling. It was so much fun. Our kids love doing it! While we were there, the blizzard started. The snow was so pretty. We made it home to watch Home Alone 2 (which is really not that bad)! Stephen made us homemade pizza dough, and the kids all got to make their own pizzas. They had a great time and it tasted great. Then we read Luke 2 and did the nativity! The kids got to open their pajamas and some books. Benjamin did not take his Thomas the train pajamas off for two more days! We watched Polar Express, drank hot chocolate and went to bed!! Christmas morning was so fun! Austin was awake at 2 am and never went back to sleep. Around 4, he actually turned the lamp on to read a book, that's how excited he was. We all got up at 6 am to open presents! Austin was finally happy that he actually got stuff that was on his list! Austin and Derek's most played with present so far was the cheapest thing I bought them. I bought 2 3-ring binders and put plastic inserts inside for pokemon cards. They love it and carry it with them everywhere! Jillian loved her bike and all of her baby stuff and clothes. Benjamin loved his toys! I finally got a new cell. phone and some yummy perfume and Stephen got his beloved "Holiday Inn" movie! (and some other "not as important" things! We were snowed in, so thank goodness for lots of new toys! We talked with family all day on the phone and watched movies and ate a yummy dinner! Merry Christmas!

No comments: