Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A post to one and all.

In the Mormon culture there are few things that teenagers look more forward to then the weekly fourteen year-old dances. This night I was driving home from school and as I was thus driving a song came on the radio that took me back. It was the affable Bryan Adams singing "Everything I do I do it for You". I thought to myself that this was by far the best slow dance song in the DJ's repertoire.
Then I thought if this great power ballad is in fact the greatest 14 year old dance dance song? What could possibly be better? Well there is always Extreme "More than Words" Or the Chris De Burgh "Lady in Red" Or the ever popular Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart." I just cannot decide so please tell me which one you think is the best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, we always had "I'll be watching you" by Sting and the Police. However, looking back, those lyrics really aren't all that romantic...

Mel said...

It's a toss up between "more then words" with our lighters going of course and "everything I do I do it for you"!

The Ashlocks said...

More than words is totally Jr high!

The Jones Seven said...

Who in the world had a lighter at the LDS teenage dances? Did you have a smoking problem that we never knew about?

Thomas C. Jones said...

If we're talking the extended version of Everything, then I'd pick that one cause it was so long. Lady in red was awesome too.

Cassie and Chad said...

"Lady in Red" and "Everything I do I do it for you" were my songs that were dedicated to me by my EFY guy! Oh so many funny, funny memories!!