A week ago, I was able to go on an overnight temple trip with my new ward. I was a little leery because I was sharing a room and a bed! Have you ever had to share a bed with someone you don't know before? Well, it wasn't bad at all! We left Topeka at about 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday. It takes 3 hours to get there. The drive was beautiful. The scenery is fields and hills! The temple is in Omaha, Nebraska. After dinner, we headed to the temple for one session. In the morning, we all did two more sessions, went to lunch and drove home! It was my first time to a small temple. It is small, but beautiful! There is lots of stained glass. The main front window has several circles of pictures of the pioneers and Brigham Young etched into the glass! Right next door is the cemetery that the Saints used when they were living at Winter Quarters. Unfortunately, we did not have time to walk around. Across the street is the Mormon Trail Visitor Center. It is like a little museum. I took a picture of Brigham Young's cane that he had with him when he found the site for the Salt Lake City Temple. (After declaring the Salt Lake Valley as (the place), Brigham Young turned right back around and went back to Winter Quarters).
It rained all day Friday, and Stephen and the kids had their first tornado watch! A tornado actually touched down about 35 miles away from us!



3 comments:
How cool. The small temples are really neat because they seem to appreciate each person a little more. Plus you got do several sessions in one day.
Thomas
What a neat trip!!! I am happy your making friends even if it starts out with sharing beds!!!
How fun!! I haven't shared a bed with a stranger but I have shared a room with a coworker. Kinda weird!
Post a Comment