Friday, September 5, 2008

Here I sit lost at school.

Well I am now at the end of my first two full weeks of school. I hope that the next three years go by this fast. The major thing that I have learned here at school is this. Never make decisions that will send you to court criminally. Criminal law is sooooooooo boring. If my Professor sees this I was only joking. I like torts, they are fun. I like property, I even like contracts. You learn lots of really cool stuff, like how to get out of contracts, or at least how to sue people. But for some reason criminal law leaves me feeling cold. Maybe because it is so serious and depressing. This has been very cool. Though I have learned for my self that Sprint service is much better than Verizon in Kansas. I was shocked as well.
Something major has happened in my life I have officially changed my party affiliation to an independent. I could only support the Democrat party for about two years or at least until the Presidential election. I really did think that Obama was going to be different. That's why I voted for him in the primaries. I thought he could at least change the bickering that goes on between the two parties, and that's not just in Washington. I really do not care so much about "being ready to lead from day one" thanks HRC, like being married to the President made you a leader, by that rational lets just elect Laura Bush. I did not care that he gave no specific proposals about what he would do once in office. All that does is give the press, well not for Obama because he is a Democrat, and your enemies words to throw back at you when you don't get them done. Also its very hard to inspire people to greatness when talking about the debt to income ratio or cost basis this. I just lost Brian. A President can only do so much, in fact he is only as good as his political skills will allow him to be. On that front I thought Obama would be great. If he was going to be different then I think he would be great as a leader. But you HAVE TO BE different. He lost me when once he became the presumptive candidate he went to spouting the exact same party talking points that any other Democrat would spout. Every thing is the fault of George Bush and whomever the Republicans run will be four more years of the same. If that is your platform then I will not, nay, I can not vote for you. A platform of "Vote for me because I am not like this guy" is not change, it's John Kerry.
I have a fear that this post will be coming down soon, so be the first to post. Be good.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Steve,

I finally figured out why they didn't pick you as a seminary teacher. Everyone knows you cant be LDS and a democrat. You can be independent but you have to pay 11% tithing. Thats a joke just in case crazy poeple read this.

Shredder you fool
Joe Dairman

Shelly said...

Its a crazy place right now. We are screwed either way. Although I really do like Palin and im excited to see how these next few weeks turn out. Obama is horrible and if you vote for him I will come to Kansas and kick your law school bum!! Im not even sure I will vote. Good luck with school and no it doesnt go fast and it just gets worse and more suckier. LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! joking, its not all bad, just make sure you pass the bar!!

stephanie said...

i hope all is going good at your new house..the elections is going to be a crazy thing this next couple of months...but i agree with shelly i like palin too!

The Queen Creek McLaws' said...

Lindsay lou,

Call me. I called you but you and Steve's cell is not working or you changed your number and didn't tell your favorite sister.

Loves, Kim

The Ashlocks said...

Lindsay, I am painting the house like a nazi!! When I am done with most of the house in the next week or two I will post pictures. I need your new cell numbers too. Call me!
jaime