Sunday, August 31, 2008



This is a great picture of my kids and their friends all dressed up to play power rangers! Now remember, it was over 100 degrees this day and Jillian was wearing a heavy plastic costume! She wanted it off shortly after!
Update in Kansas, We went to the first activity put on by the J. Reuben Clark Society at Washburn. It is basically for all members of the church to get together and hang out. We met at the church and played volleyball and got to know eachother! It was great! They also do "girl's night out" and play groups! The cool thing is that everyone had kids! One family was about to have their fifth child, but he was a third year! I was definitely the only first year mother with 4 kids! Next week is a girl's night out and the opening social! I am finally beginning to think that I might actually have friends out here. I have been down in the dumps lately especially because I have been so sick. It started out with a fever and an upset stomach, then it morphed into a cold and cough that seemed to get worse everyday! I finally went to the doctor, and they think it's a sinus infection. I woke up today with a migraine. We did not go to church! It sucks not going to church here because for me it is the only people I talk to all week!! Poor me, huh?! Just teasing, every day gets better! We switched over our cell. phones to local numbers, so I will be getting in touch with all of you with our new numbers! Stephen has his first holiday off in 9 years!! Yes, that's right, he does not work on Labor Day!!! We love this new school schedule! During the week, he leaves the house around 7:30 am and gets home around 6 pm. For me, it works really well. Of course, this was only the second week of school, so it may get busier! Derek started preschool last week. He goes Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoon. He loves it!!!!! It is so weird only having Jillian and Ben at home! And the best part is that they both take naps! Yay! Is it time for another baby? I will leave you with that thought!

2 comments:

The Ashlocks said...

How fun!! I love Austin and Derek's serious faces!

The Malone's said...

Wow, so much has gone on. I love your house, it looks great. I can't believe how big your kids are and its so fun to watch kids and the things they come up with. Enjoy being there!