Monday, August 18, 2008
Topeka! We are here!
Hello everyone! We made it! I actually like our house here better than our home in Spanish Fork in a lot of ways (except for the backyard!) Stephen and I actually have our own bathroom now! The kids' rooms are very large and we have air conditioning! So far we like our ward. There are a lot of kids in Austin and Derek's primary classes. Benjamin is officially in nursery next week with Jillian!!!!! Yippeeeee! Austin started 1st grade last Wednesday. After I put him on the bus, I went inside crying and called my mom. She thought I was calling to tell her that the bus ran him over or something! She made me feel better and then promptly called my sisters to "tell" on me!!! He is gone from 8:06 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.! that is so long! I totally miss him, but we could tell he was ready for school! Derek will be starting preschool next Monday. I was worried that he would have a hard time without Austin, but he loves being the one in charge over Jill and Ben. I took advantage of Stephen being home last week and did nothing! He actually told me that I was going to eventually have to do something around the house! I have zero motivation to finish unpacking. After all, who's coming over? yeah, no one! please don't feel too much pity for me because part of the reason I don't want to clean is because I just borrowed the book "The Appeal" by John Grisham ( I think that's the title) and it is actually (so far) one of his better books. We haven't gotten our student loan money yet either, so I can't go out and party! Just kidding! Stephen started school today! He is so ready just to get on with it, so he can finish! He thinks he is really going to like it. I will post pictures soon! please feel free to comment on this posting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thank you that is what I have been waiting for!!! :-) Glad all is well and that the bus did not run over Austin.
That totally made me laugh out loud! Not just because your mom thought the bus had ran him over, but because she called your sisters to tell on you. That is sooo much like my family, and I thought it was hilarious! I can't beleive how big your kids are getting!
You know, one of these days Trent and I will have to come and visit you for once. Who knows, maybe next year! I'm glad you guys are settled in.
Post a Comment