Friday, October 3, 2008
Sarah Palin?????????????
I do not know what to do with this person. As I said a few posts ago, I was at one time a rabid Republican and thought that party politics was by far the most important thing in the world. I have come to really despise that idea. I understand being pragmatic about something. Do I really need to like something because my party does. Well shortly after the 2006 election I left the Republican party, or the Republican party left me.J/K I love it when people say that, I think its funny. I was living in Utah at the time and if you are a Republican in that state you have no voice. Stop throwing things at me Utah Republicans. By this I mean if you ran a dirty sock against a well qualified Democrat, and there are so few of those, the sock would win in a landslide. That is true by the way, they have a mayor in a small town who is a sock. How can I effectuate any kind of meaningful change in a state where 80% of the people are going to vote the same way no matter what? Now it is not my desire to knock Utah, Massachusetts is the exact same way just to the other extreme. So I became a Democrat so I could get my fathers goat in the Sunday night debates. More importantly I wanted to stick it to the Party that I thought had lost its way. If I was a small government guy my only choice was the Republican party. When they grow the government larger than ever before, where can I turn? I know, lets have debate, maybe we can fix the problem from the inside. At least that's what the gunner from my Property class would say. The correct answer is NO NO NO. I turn to the enemy of my former party and show them that my vote can not be taken for granted. The only way to punish a party is to deprive it of the one thing it wants. Power. Anyways I watched some of the debate last night. Now, I think I am going to vote for John McCain, I think. I just don't know what to think about Palin. Now I am not saying that I dislike her. I just don't know how to come down on the subject. The thing that really leaves me cold in the whole process is what the other side says the other side is saying. According to the Democrats, John McCain wants to drill offshore for oil so he can take away the control of a women's body and eat little children for lunch in one of his 35 homes all while worshiping baphomet in the basement of the Church of Scientology with Tom Cruise. And according to the Republicans Obama wants to kill all the unborn children in the US, bronze them and give them to Kim Jong Il along with the sovereignty of the United States. And if I hear that "this could be the most important election in my life" again I may actually vomit. How many times can you say the same thing. This may be the most important bite you ever take, would get really annoying at thanksgiving. It just drives me crazy. If there is one thing that makes me more mad than private blogs it is Politics. Chad this was for you, sorry I mean Bishop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Now Stephen when was there a well qualified democrat, that's right Obama, he is a well qualified democrat. From everything I hear he is much better qualified to run this country than Palin. Oh wait, he is not running against Palin. All I know is when President Lincoln addressed this country on TV during the first world war he did a much better job. (I think it was Lincoln, Biden was my history professor)
Chad
All I can say is being a Utah voter sucks!! I know no matter who I pick the winner will be a republican. And just so you know I am still undecided on who to vote for. I like McKain but after watching some of the debates on tv and seeing how Palin did it makes me want to vote for Obama. Just thinking about how Mckain is a heart beat away from death and then bam Palin is in charge. SCARY!! I hate to say it but the only reason she was chosen was because she is a woman. Smart move by Mckain to use Palin to try to get the Hilary Clinton voters to bad she comes across as an idiot. I don't why I pay attention to politics becuase no matter who I vote for McKain will win Utah.
Oh and Stephen come check out our blog its awesome! it all about my family and funny stories and some cool pics. Oh wait its private so ha ha to you. LOL I hope school is going well for you.
Gary you suck. Do you even have a blog? If you didd I bet it would have a very girly background and very prety music.
Post a Comment