Monday, November 24, 2008

Lindsay Killed Mickey Mouse.



It is with a very heavy heart that I report the death of our beloved pet Mickey Mouse. He was a very good mouse, one of the best. The kids loved to watch him sneak out from under the fridge to look around our house early in the morning to find and scavenge for food. We caught him once and released him out into the wild. He came back a second time. I guess he loved the companionship of our kids and our furnace. Last night at about 4:30 PM we were preparing our home for a guest. We were going through the last of the pre-arrival routine. You know making the kids stop beating each other, doing the dishes and setting the table. I was in the kitchen hastily making crappy gravy(never use a new pan to make gravy), and Lindsay had pulled out our vacuum cleaner. Now I think you all know where I am going with this story. We knew that the mouse had been seen by the vacuum in the past. Last week when the Kerby Vacuum sales person wanted to see our current vacuum, don't ask, Lindsay pulled the vacuum out and Mickey ran like the dickens. Every now and again we would open the hall closet and shake the vacuum to see if Mickey was there. He did not run out so we assumed that he was not there. Well as Lindsay turned on the vacuum we all heard a bad noise. Lindsay did not know it was the mouse stuck in the roller until she pulled the vacuum back revealing a bloody streak on the carpet. I knew what it was when I heard Lindsay's scream. It was not good. All the kids were in the room and they knew what it was and that Mom screaming was not good. How do you explain to the kids that Mom just killed the mouse we had been trying to catch for the last two days. I had to take the vacuum out side, and will be cleaning it later today. We then sprayed the "offending spot", we all know that I am talking about the mouse carcass emblazoned in crimson on the floor, with resolve. I then boiled about two gallons of water and deeply sanitized the "spot" finishing it off by shop vac'ing it out. Oh the joys of Sunday in Kansas. So please inform your children that when you visit Disneyland they should not expect to see the beloved rodent, for he is forever enshrined into my carpet and vacuum. Mickey you will be missed.

3 comments:

The Ashlocks said...

That is disgusting. I can just picture the streak mark. Glad his gone!!

When are you coming to town for Christmas? I need to take days of work.

The Jones Seven said...

Jaime, We will be there the Monday before xmas and leaving the Sat. after New Year's!!! Yay!

Shelly said...

Thats just sick. Thanks for sharing